Here are a few things that you should have before you open a shop
1. Make a business plan.
2. Design Website
3. Have Social Media page and SEO
4. Figure out funding.
5. Find a mentor for your business.
6. Put an accounting and inventory program in place.
7. Hunt for the right location.
8. Know the area.
9. Design your salon around the clientele you want.
10. Provide excellent customer service
Market Watch on Salon Business
• Salon owners generally can expect to have a net profit of 11-15% ( (although you can certainly make this profit figure higher or lower as you see fit).
• Indian Salon industry touched $3.5 bn mark by 2015 and still growing rapidly.
• Global beauty market to reach around $265 billion in 2017 due to an increase in GDP.
• With an encouraging growth rate of 30%, this industry is pegged at an estimated 14 crores, making the Salon Enterprise a very lucrative business investment indeed.